Monday, April 6, 2015

Tic Tac Toe and Card Making?

So today I thought I'd share the cards that I created for the virtual crop that I held on Friday night.

The challenge was to use this TicTacToe board to create cards or scrapbook pages.




This first card is the Birthday/Yellow/Embossing line.


The sentiment is stamped in Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink and heat embossed with glossy clear embossing powder.  I used a stencil and Ranger Distress Inks to create the background and cut the flowers out using cardstock and fun foam. Yes, you read that correctly, I used yellow fun foam for the flowers. Add in a couple of gems for the flower centers and call it done.

The second card uses the Ribbon/ThankYou/Embossing line.


When I was creating the card (live on video) I forgot to using embossing. So afterwards I added the Iridescent Ice embossed butterfly.  It is very subtle but it is there. 

The third card is the Flowers/Starts with B/Thank you line.


I used another stencil and distress inks to create the background.  Used butterflies for the Starts with B and used a new stamp set for the flowers and thanks sentiment. I got a little carried away with the gems but I really like how this one turned out.


This next card is the White/Starts with B/Embossing line.


I used an embossing folder directly on the front of my card base. I created the tag using a stencil with the same pattern and stamped and fussy cut the butterflies.  It is a pretty simple card, but I think it might brighten someones day when they get it.

The last card is made with the line, White/Flowers/Birthday.


I stamped the background using Memento Inks and flowers from a Stampin' Up set. I used Heidi Swapp mistable flowers on top. 

That's it for today.  Check out my YouTube channel for videos on some of these cards. 

Happy Crafting
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!