Wednesday, April 29, 2015

More Cards and a Blog Hop Winner Announcement

And the winner from Saturday's C.A.S.E. a Card Blog Hop is....drum roll please...


Love the colours and I think I have that stamp! Great inspiration to CASE, thanks Theresa!
SN - Megan
Megan you have 7 days to email at scrapsbygracie@gmail.com with your name and mailing address. Please use CASE A CARD WINNER as your subject line.
THANKS FOR HOPPING WITH US!!

Now on with today's post, I'm continuing on with the StampNation Virtual Retreat Challenges today.

The cards today all were made for the Technique Try It Challenge.

One of the design team members, Heather North from Heather's Creative Blessings  created a card using the wax paper resist technique.

Here's a video from YouTube showing the technique. I did not use glossy cardstock in mine nor did Heather so it is not necessary, any smooth cardstock will work.



Well I got a bit carried away playing with this technique and created a whole bunch of cards.



After I played with the top above, I thought what would happen if I combined stencils with the wax resist? Well the results are awesome! 

I grabbed my brick stencil and some grays and browns from my Ranger Distress Inks and started creating this cool stone wall. 


 Then I pulled out a more decorative stencils and played with colors.



Then it was the honeycomb stencil's turn. 


I still wasn't finished, so I made one more.


Then Catherine Pooler, founder of StampNation posted her card and other techniques to try.  I was intrigued by the Joseph's Coat technique.  

Here is a video that Catherine did explaining Joseph's Coat. 



I couldn't help but give it a try.

Yes, the card is sideways but I wanted you to be able to read the sentiment.
I just love how it turned out!  I used the direct to paper technique to get the two strips
down the side of the card.   


So go on now, I know you are wondering when this post will end so you can go play in your craft room and give these techniques a try.

Happy Crafting 
Theresa

1 comment:

  1. I love all your cards and that wax paper technique Theresa! The pink with the flower is my fave, love it!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!