Saturday, December 9, 2017

Winterhaven Village in Rainbow

Why yes, I do think that's a great idea.  LOL

I teased last week with these photos

 


Well are you ready to see what they turned into?


Ok, so this card didn't turn out anything like what I was picturing in my head.
Has that ever happened to you? PLEASE SAY YES!
I had this vision of a rainbow village just filling the card, in all these layers.
Yes...technically it's rainbow-ish.  Yes...it fills the card.
Yes...there's layering.
BUT it's not what I envisioned.
I added the vellum layer hoping that would make it better.
It didn't.
So why am I posting a card, I'm not crazy about?
I'm posting it because I want you all to know it's o.k. to not always 
get what you were expecting.
Sometimes it turns out better, sometimes not.
Will this card be mailed out? Probably not and that's o.k.
It was a learning experience and I've still got a ton of tiny rainbow village pieces to try again.

In the meantime, remember those backgrounds I made will inking sheets to create
the diecuts? 
Well one of them became the background for this rainbow village card.

I'm much happier with this one. LOL
It's very simple and similar to last weeks cards, but at the same time 
completely different in the feeling it evokes.


Which do you like better the rainbow version or the classic black silhouette?

Click the pic above to see last week's post.

Until next time, have a joyous week and
 may your village be filled with love and friendship.

I'd love to see what you're making.
Tag me on social media @scrapsbygracie

Happy Crafting
Theresa


1 comment:

We love comments!