Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tuesday Technique

It's been a little while since I featured a technique, but I just finished Catherine Pooler's great Technique Toolbox Class.  If you want to learn some fabulous techniques to use all those dye inks you've collected, I highly recommend this class.

Today's card is a CASE (copy and share everything) of one of the class sample cards.

It features several techniques, including emboss resist, direct to paper inking (from class) and masking.


I stamped the umbrella twice, once on the card front and one on a post it note.  I fussy cut out the post it note umbrella and added a little two way glue to make the entire thing sticky.  I was out of full page post its.

I let the glue dry til tacky then applied it to the card front.  I stamped the raindrops.

The raindrops are emboss resist technique. They are stamped in Versa Mark ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  

After heat embossing the raindrops I took my Ranger Distress Ink direct to paper to create the rain. I inked the top several times for a darker application but the bottom of the card only once.

I then removed the mask and stamped the flowers on the umbrella and sentiment in Versa Fine Black Onyx ink and applied clear embossing powder and heat set.

It was really that simple and I love how it turned out.  I challenge you to give this technique a try.

Happy Crafting
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!