Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Virtual Crop Challenges

I hosted a virtual crop on Saturday for a few of my favorite crafting buddies.  Info on the next one is at the bottom of the post. We'd love to have you join us next time.

For each virtual crop that we do, we have a few challenges.  You can either create scrapbook layouts, cards or mixed media projects that follow the theme.

Here are the challenges and my take on them.


Challenge #1  Create a scrapbook page or card that uses grey/white/yellow as the color scheme. Anything else you add is up to you.

I used Ranger Distress Inks over the craftersworkshop stencil and this large sentiment stamp by Heidi Swapp.


Challenge #2  Create a scrapbook page or card that uses purple/teal/pink as the color scheme, use ribbon or twine too. Anything else you add is up to you.


I used Ranger Distress inks over a Craftersworkshop stencil and Heidi Swapp Spray Mist in white over the entire thing.  I used some alphabet stamps and Memento black and elderberry inks for the letters.

Challenge #3  Create a scrapbook page or card that uses at least 3 different printed papers.  Anything else you add is up to you.


I used papers from a 6x6 paper pad and some paper flowers and a little jewel for this one.




Alicia and I also created card backgrounds that we sent to each other and then made cards from.


Here are the cards I made with the backgrounds Alicia sent to me:

This one is using the inlaid die technique. I really like how it turned out. This was the first time I tried this technique. 

HUGE thanks to Alicia 
for co-hosting with me and sending me these great backgrounds to play with.


For this one, I used the same stencil that I used to create the glittery background that I sent to Alicia.  I used Memento Elderberry Ink and Versa Mark ink and SU white embossing powder for the sentiment.

I didn't change the background in anyway on this one.  I used Heidi Swapp spray mist in gold on the outer diecut and used dimensionals to add height to the sentiment.





Would you like to join us for the next virtual crop? 

Join us for a evening of fun and challenges. We will create scrapbook layouts and cards, play a few games, chat and have a really good time, without ever having to leave home.

I will also post all the challenges on this event after the crop.

Feel free to create at your on pace and upload your completed projects in the comments under each challenge here on the event. 

Remember you can always access past events by clicking on the * next to Create An Event at the top of the Events page.

There will card and layout challenges and we might even get in a game or two. 

So come as you are and let's get crafting.

If you are interested in participating in the Virtual Crops you will need to sign up at Big Marker and become part of the Papercrafters USA community. It is FREE! We are limited to 50 people for each event on the free plan, but we can have hundreds of community members. The events will also be recorded and can be watched later. Any questions let me know.

https://www.bigmarker.com/conferences/4712f1fa2b99



Happy Crafting
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!