Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May the 4th Be With You Blog Hop

Welcome to the


where we will celebrate all things Star Wars related.
Whether it's a card, scrapbook page, party plan or quilt, it's related to 
the Star Wars franchise in some way and we want to share it with you.

So in a galaxy far, far away there's a crafter working tirelessly to
create some movie magic for you...now on with the projects at hyper speed.

Before I get to today's projects, I'd like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to my amazing
hubby, Ron, who does all my graphics for me AND designed today's cards.

I had a concept in mind, but he made it happen.
I did the color work, but all the graphics are him.

THANKS HONEY FOR ALL YOU DO! LOVE YOU!!!




I needed a couple of cards for a few people going through trials with cancer
and thought today's hop was the perfect way to merge something horrible and yucky 
with something funny and just possibly give them a smirk in the midst of the darkness.

The card above I kept the ribbon white using a Molotow masking pen and using my
Ranger Distress Inks added a rainbow.  I know, I know, not very Star Wars-esque BUT
a white ribbon in the symbol for lung cancer which a fellow crafter's mom was just diagnosed with, so I wanted a bright cheerful card to send to her but needed the ribbon to stand out. 


For these two, I used more Ranger Distress Inks and Heidi Swapp Color Mists, 
Perfect Pearls Mists and plain old water to achieve the starry galaxy look.
I used a pink alcohol maker to color in the ribbon.


In the printed version of this card there are ribbons on the ends of the banner but 
when I was masking them off didn't do a very good job and they got smeared so I found
some giant faceted bling in my stash and covered them up.  Now the card can be used for anything.

With the Storm Troopers, it's a more masculine card, 
I think I'll send it to my BFF's Dad who's been battling cancer for a number of years now. 


Be sure to comment on each blog in today's hop to be entered into the drawing for a
$10 Stampin' Up Gift Certificate given away by our hop host 
A winner will be drawn on May 14th and announced on the next blog post after that. 




Thanks for flying by today.
Theresa 

Here's the line-up in case you end up on the wrong planet (I mean blog):

Holli Pruitt Rodriguez Sunflowerholli.blogspot.com








14 comments:

  1. I love the colors on your cards! Thanks to your hubby for suggesting this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome cards! I love them all! great cover up on the third card. thanks for hosting!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those cards! Backgrounds are perfect for the backgrounds. Love and prayers to those battling cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are out of this world!(lol) I love the backgrounds you made and the meaning of the cards for cancer. I have lost 3 family members to cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are quickly becoming the Queen of Inking! Those backgrounds are beautiful...in fact, they're out of this world! What a great way to lift someone's spirits as they are fighting cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun cards! I love the storm troopers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to use the force, Ron! Love them all, Theresa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun cards! I think the recipients will love these and enjoy the humor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love Star Wars Day around here :) Love the stormtrooper card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cards. The blue background with the water drops to look like a starry galaxy look came out well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome backgrounds on all your fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them all! You're hubby's super talented in the graphics dept... and you, with your coloring. Wow. Ultimate duo! As always... wonderful host! Thanks again. Sorry so late in the hop... 6 days of swim meets in a row (kinda beat!).

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!