Wednesday, March 16, 2016

StampNation Stencil Class Lesson 15

Lesson #15 was on Colored Embossing Pastes with Stencils

First, let me say I don't own colored embossing paste. I own white and clear.

Then how did I achieve these "colored" pastes?

This first card I used my Ranger Alcohol Ink in Sunset Orange to color the white paste.

Just take a bit of the paste out of the jar (use your non-stick craft mat or a piece of acetate) and add color to it. Whether you use alcohol inks, ink pad refills, your ink pads (smoosh on mat before adding the paste) or something like Rit fabric dyes or even food coloring, you can achieve a rainbow of colors and only own the white or clear pastes.  Money saver, right?


Now these cards were made with the homemade embossing paste recipe that I posted about before and for it I used black acrylic paint to color the paste.  So go see what supplies you have in your kitchen or craft room (assuming they are not one and the same) and make yourself some colored embossing paste.





Happy Crafting
Theresa 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!