Monday, February 2, 2015

Tuesday Technique: Embossing and Emboss Resist

I've played a lot over the last couple months with the emboss resist technique and my Ranger Distress Inks.   I own all the colors in the mini size and am trying to wait patiently for the new inks that are coming out in 2015 to be released in mini form.

In case you didn't know Tim Holtz/Ranger is releasing one new distress color each month in 2015.

January's color is Cracked Pistachio.  Isn't it pretty?

The coolest part about this monthly way of delivering new colors is that they will be available in all the distress product lines (except the minis) at the same time.

So whether you are into the inks or paints or stains or markers (or if you are like me and you want them all), they will be available in the new colors at the first of each month.

Now on with the projects I've been creating over the last couple of months.

Embossing:

I created these three tags for a swap that I was in.
On the blue one, I used three different distress ink colors to create the background.  I used a pearlized water that I created by mixing Perfect Pearls powder and water in a mister bottle to blend the inks.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  The pearly finish is awesome.  After that dried completely, I used white embossing powder for the sentiment.

For the pink one, I again used three different distress ink colors and pearlized water and after that was all dry, I used a pink embossing powder for the stamped filigree image.

The green one in the center does not have embossing but was instead made using a stencil and glittery embossing paste from Martha Stewart.


These are the tags that I created using Emboss Resist Technique.

 

 

It is very easy to do this technique.  All you need is some clear or white embossing powder and some inks.
I used distress inks for mine.
Stamp your image/sentiment with Versa Mark and apply your embossing powder and heat set.  DO NOT OVERHEAT!
Add your inks.  That's it.  It really is that simple.
If you want to make the receiver wonder how you did it.  After the ink is dry, add a blank piece of computer paper to the top of your project and iron over it until the paper absorbs the melted embossing powder.  You will then have a smooth project with no embossing powder.

Hope you'll give this technique a try.


Happy Crafting
Theresa

PS: Today will be the only Tuesday Technique post for February.  I will be posting this month my journey through the Get Organized Challenge with Tiffany Spaulding (Click HERE to see my original post about this great program) and LOAD215 (Click HERE for that post) instead.

So stop by and check out my progress on each of this challenges this month.

Dear Lord, help me manage both without losing my mind. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!