Friday, April 29, 2016

Stamp of Approval Mixing & Matching Collections

Ok, it's a day late, but here is the post I promised with a few cards for Stamp of Approval.

I mixed and matched different SOA collections and threw in a little
homework for the Online Card Classes Clear & Sheer class too.


For this first one I combined small stamps from the Birthday & Beautiful World SOAs. 
I arranged them in a pattern I liked, added them to a clear block then stamped them 
rotating the block each time, until I filled the card front.

I used the scallop frame die from the Birthday SOA to cut a piece of heavy weight vellum 
and then used MFT dye ink to color the back of it. 

I added the sentiment with Versa Mark from the BW SOA to the front of the vellum 
and used Brutus Monroe Alabaster Embossing Powder. 
The butterfly is a combo of the BW SOA butterfly die and one I had laying around in my stash.

I colored the larger butterfly with Mama Elephant pigment ink and added several (5 or 6) coats
of WOW clear embossing powder.

The BW SOA butterfly was cut from a scrap piece I had laying on my desk from playing
with gelli plate monoprints for a challenge.  I used my heat gun to melt the
embossing powder slightly to adhere the BW SOA to the larger one.


For this second card, I combined the stencil from the very first SOA and the 
birthday sentiment from the Birthday SOA and the heart shaped stem with leaves from
the BW SOA. 

I used a few Ranger Distress inks blended over the stencils and some 
Versa Mark to stamp the sentiment and heat embossed with Brutus Monroe Penny Embossing Powder.  The leaves/stems were stamped using Versa Fine Onyx Black ink and WOW clear 
embossing powder over the top.


I mentioned above that I'd been doing a little gelli plate mono-printing.
Here's one of the cards that resulted from that play time.

I used the stencil from the first SOA box and the Two Yous dies and the All About You
stamp set from the Beautiful World SOA set. 

Ranger Distress paint was used for the mono-printing.


That's it for today, but I'm sure there will be lots more with these fabulous products.

Want to get on the wait list for the next Stamp of Approval?
Go HERE.

Happy Crafting
Theresa





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!