Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tuesday Technique: Playing with Copic Markers and Vellum

Hello,

Today I'm playing with more alcohol inks, only this time it is in the form of Copic Markers. I am CASEing (Copy and Share Everything) from a card by Catherine Pooler for Stamp Nation's 4th Birthday Party.
Catherine's Card


You can find more info about Stamp Nation by clicking on the icon on the right side bar.

Now on with the technique...

I started out using Stampin' Up White Embossing Powder and Versa Mark Ink Pad to stamp and emboss flowers from the Fiskars Petals from Scratch Stamp Set on one side of an 8.5 x 11 sheet of vellum.

Vellum sheet with only the white embossing.
 I like it just like this for a clean simple look.  It would look great on a colored card base.

 I then turned over the vellum and used my Copic Markers to color in the flowers and the background.  I then used Adirondack Blending Solution (you could also use Copic Blending Solution)  in a spray mister to spritz the entire colored section, so that the colors would mute and blend.

This is the vellum sheet after it was colored and before the
blending solution was applied. 
I cut down the vellum to 3 inches by 5.5 inches and adhered it to my card base using liquid glue only at the top where the ribbon would hide it.  I used a Sizzix embossing folder called Flower Rings on my card base.

I used a green dotted ribbon from my stash to finish off the card. 


Hope you like the results of this technique and that you'll give it a try. You can use any brand of alcohol markers to color the back of the vellum.  You might even try plain old rubbing alcohol to blend instead of the blending solution.  Experiment and share what you come up with.  I'd love to see your cards. Remember that you can upload them to the Flickr group HERE.


Starting TODAY there is a sale on this year's TRUE SCRAP CLASSES by Layoutaday.com.  
You can purchase individual classes for only $9.99 each (regularly $14.99).  No coupon needed.  
Link is on right side bar. 

P.S. If you'd like to save even more, 
add all nine classes to your cart and
use code COLTS at checkout to save 45 percent. 
But do it before 2/1!

Happy Crafting
Theresa 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!