Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Mask-erade - Online Card Classes Day 2

Today is Day 2 of  Mask-erade by Online Card Classes.

I can hear you thinking, "Why would I pay for a class, when there is free content on YouTube and Pinterest?"   Let me tell you why.  Yes, you can find free content all over the net, you can even watch these wonderful teachers (Jennifer McGuire, Kristina Werner, Debby Hughes, Laura Bassen and Shari Carroll) on YouTube and their blogs, but by taking the classes, you get a concentrated dose of the same subject by each of the teachers with their spin on it.  You get wonderful PDFs to support the videos and you get the opportunity to interact directly with the teachers in the forums and you get to see the work of your classmates in the gallery.  You get feedback and encouragement, education and inspiration all in one place.

I'm not getting paid for my endorsement.  I just believe in sharing what I find helpful with you.

Okay, on with today's projects...

I made three different cards for today's classes.

Card 1:

I used Ranger Watercolor Paper and Ranger Distress Inks to create the background.I also sprayed the background with Heidi Swapp Gold Color Mist.  Stamp sets include MFT New Beginnings for the bottom sentiment and Hampton Arts Vintologic for the rest.  All the black is stamped in Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  
I created the circle mask that I used to stamp the feathers with
MFT Blueprints 12 Die-namics.  After I stamped I used my fine line pen to make the dashed lines around the outside of the circle. 
 Card 2:
I used the same circle mask for this card. I used the negative die space first to color the circle in using Ranger Distress Ink Mermaid Lagoon and Tumbled Glass.  The sentiment is from Wplus9 Spring Post stamp set.  I used Delicata Silver Pigment Ink for the flowers which are from Inkadinkado Flowers stamp set and I added dots from the MFT Bokeh Builder stamp set.  
 Card 3:
I used the Stained Glass Stencil by Clear Scraps with Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing Paste that I colored with Pearl Ex #682 Duo Green-Yellow.   The mask for the double end banner came from the same MFT Blueprints 12 Die-namics set that I used for the other cards.   The sentiment is from a stamp set that I have no idea what the name is or brand is,
but I use it all the time. 


Hope you like them.  I'm really happy with how they turned out.

Happy Crafting
Theresa

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you about taking these classes; yes there is plenty online but these classes are so worth the few dollars. Your cards turned out great. I haven't started yet but I will get going soon. Have fun with the rest of the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was oohing and aahing over the anniversary card when I saw the stained glass effect. These are all lovely cards!

    You are so right about the OCC classes -- I have loved every one I have taken (9 or 10 by now), and learned so much that I usually feel I've gotten my money's worth on the first day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duh, I see now it's a birthday card -- I guess in my mind I was thinking what a pretty anniversary card it would make.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cards! The second one is my fave ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your cards from the OCC are so pretty! I really like the happy birthday card in this post! The silver pigment ink looks great!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!